Joining Our School
We hope that you feel St John’s Church of England Primary School would be the right choice for your family.
Starting School in September 2017
We are part of Hertfordshire County Council’s coordinated admissions scheme, so you will apply through their online system just as you would for any other state school. The online systems opened on Monday 7th November and the deadline for on time applications was Sunday 15th January 2017. If you are still looking for a place in Reception for September 2017, you can still apply, but please note that later applications are dealt with after those made before the January deadline.
Here are the key dates for 2017 admissions.
- 15th January – Deadline to apply for a school place.
- 2nd February – Last date to submit a written explanation was late, for you application to be agreed as ‘on time’. If you move house, this is the last date for you to provide evidence of your new address and for it to be considered ‘on time’ in the allocation process.
- 6th March – Applications received after this date will not be offered a school place until the week commencing 19 June 2017.
- 18th April – National allocation day. HCC will email you the school you have been allocated, if you applied online and confirmed your email address.
- 26th April – St John’s Information Evening – Next Steps. We will host two sessions where parents can talk to us about what happens after National Allocation Day, one session for those who have been offered a place which will give details of transition events, and another for those who have not been offered a place but would like to find out more about how continuing interest process and how we operate our waiting list.
- 2nd May – Last date for accepting the place offered. If you are happy with the school place that you have been allocated and have accepted it, contact HCC’s admissions team to remove yourself from the continuing interest lists.
- 15th-19th May – First continuing interest run. If HCC are able to offer you a place at a school you ranked higher than your current offer, they will contact you with an offer of a new school place. This is based on the schools you initially ranked.
- 19th May – Last day to register an appeal
- 22-26 May – Continuing interest applications open again. You can add new school preferences i.e. school’s that you did not originally rank.
- 26th May – Last date to make a late application online
- 19th – 23rd June – Second (and final) continuing interest run.
In the event that we are oversubscribed (received more applications than places available), we will split the available places, with 50% being allocated to Children of the Christian Faith and 50% being community places, allocated without reference to faith. Each group will then have the oversubscription criteria applied. An example of how this works can be found in the admissions policy. You can read our full admissions policy for 2017/18 HERE.
Starting School in September 2018
We have determined our admissions policy for 2018/19 which you can view HERE. We have also updated our Supplementary Information Form (SIF) with further guidance. All applications to the school should be made through Hertfordshire County Council’s coordinated admissions scheme.
For admissions in September 2018, we will have 60 available spaces in Reception. Should the school receive over 60 applications, the oversubscription criteria will be applied. The available spaces will be split 50:50 between Children of the Christian Faith and Community places, allocated without reference to faith. Only those wishing to be considered under the Children of the Christian Faith category are required to complete the SIF in addition to the online application.
Summer Born Children
If you are the parent of a summer born child (born between 1st April and 31st August) who would like to discuss the options available to you, please contact Mrs Moore, Admissions Lead, on 01923 255017 or via email@example.com
In Year Admissions
We currently do not have any available places. However, you can still make an application to join our waiting list. Should a place become available, we will allocate it to the first child on our waiting list.
If you would like to join the waiting list or if you have any questions or queries, then please contact the school office on 01923 255017 or by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
Places are allocated according to our oversubscription criteria as contained in our Admissions Policy for 2016/17.