A school community has no higher task than to help children and young people develop a deep and proper sense of their worth. – John Cox
Love and forgiveness will be deep rooted in our approach to behaviour.
We positively encourage every member of the school community to be responsible for their own actions, their own property and the school and church environment.
Good and responsible behaviour is rewarded through a whole school approach with the use of praise and positive modelling with the Secrets of Success, house points, celebration assemblies and visits to the Head teacher and other members of staff. We will be a sticker free school. Children should be encouraged to work hard for the outcome and gain value from their learning achievements and not for a sticker.
1. Try new things – If you never try, you’ll never know.
2. Work hard – Its not luck or looks that make you successful, its all about the effort.
3. Concentrate – Learn to focus, tune out distractions and be mindful.
4. Push yourself – Fight your fears and learn to push past doubts.
5. Imagine – Have ideas and don’t be scared of being wrong.
6. Improve – Keep advancing, bit by bit. Success never comes in one giant step.
7. Understand others – Learn to listen, listen to learn about others.
8. Don’t give up – Sir Winston Churchill said ‘Success isn’t final, failure isn’t fatal. It is the courage to continue that counts.’