Admissions Policy Consultation – proposed amendments to the Admissions Policy for the Academic Year 2024-25
We are currently consulting on proposed amendments to our Admission Arrangements. We are seeking responses for parents/carer, schools and community groups. The consultation is taking place between Monday 31st October and Monday 12th December 2022. The proposed Admission Arrangements are shown on this webpage. Responses should be sent directly to our school, preferably by completing our online form.
We will also accept responses received by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org or by posting them to our school address – 32 Clarendon Road, Watford, Hertfordshire WD17 1JJ.
The proposals are outlined below:
- Creating a separate section for children with an Education, Health and Care plan (EHCP) rather than including this section within the oversubscription criteria.
- To give an overarching priority of children who were previously looked after but ceased to be locked after because they were adopted or became subject to a child arrangements or special guardianship order.
- To be clear that the church attendance criteria for those applying as Children of the Christian Faith is for the attendance of the child and at least one parent/carer as a Trinitarian church at least twice a month for the period of one year before application.
- Change in the definition of staff member under section 4 oversubscription criteria c to be staff employed at the school, not necessarily employed by the school.
- To clarify the process regarding deferred entry.
- To clarify the process regarding waiting lists
The proposed Supplementary Information Form (SIF) and the In Year Admissions Application form are also shown below.
Admissions Policy Consultations
Admission Policy Consultations took place in 17/18, 19/20, 22/23 and 23/24. All comments were taken into consideration before changes were incorporated into the admission policy.
Statutory S10 Consultation
This was carried out prior to opening. You can download the report and other material by clicking the pdf links on this page.
A public consultation was held regarding our permanent site prior to opening.