Current Fundraising Projects
As we move into our new modern facilities, we are raising funds for a number of projects to further enhance the learning environment for our children. If you would like to support our school and donate, sponsor or become involved in order for us to achieve our vision for St John’s, please do get in touch via the school office on 01923 255017 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Books are just the beginning
We are now able to further extend our library with a dedicated school library space in the new premises. We are very happy to be bringing books out of storage to display on our shelves, allowing the children to read, to discover and to learn in a nurturing and welcoming environment.
We have been advised that fully setting up a new primary school library will cost an additional, approximate,£18,000 for it to become fully functional. Although we are committed to investing in our library, because of the total investment needed, we need your help to ensure that our library can support our growing school. The library is just one part of the school supporting the vision for literacy here at St John’s. The library enables our children to develop a love for reading, it supports reading areas throughout the school, ensures that there are books available to support the curriculum and supports guided and group reading. This year we will be investing in a library management system, the library environment and starting the KS2 collection.
- Just £7 could pay for a new picture or chapter book for the library – we have a wish list!
- £50 could help to buy items to enhance the library’s display, creating a warm and welcoming environment inline with the school’s ethos.
- £100 could pay for a year’s subscription to a quality children’s magazines – we are keen to diversify the types of written material on offer in the library and classroom reading areas.
- £200 could pay for an additional whole class set of reading books or pay for a mural to enhance the library.
- £300 would purchase the licence for our library software for a year.
- £750 would mean that we could join a Schools Library Service to loan books whilst we are growing our own library.
- £1,000 could be used to engage with an author to become our Patron of Reading.
- £10,000 would be a significant investment towards buying books for the library collection.
Raising the Roof
This is our longer term project. The school was successful in gaining a Roof Top Playground for two thirds of the roof space. This increased our capacity for physical education and recreational play. To further enhance the development of our children we would like to improve the additional roof space which is currently unable to be used. Our vision is for a sensory garden, a place for quiet reflection and prayer. We would also like to use some of this space as a small school garden. This will encourage healthy eating and enable the children to get involved with producing food to ultimately be used in their school dinners. Raising the Roof needs significant investment and the involvement of specialists such as architects and builders for it to become a reality.